Our intention is to make Brno-sever a friendly and pleasant place to live, not only for „the locals“, but also for the visitors from the European Union. Therefore, we would like to improve the services our district provides, to offer support and assistance not only in the Czech language.
• The website of the municipality will be available also in English
• The important documents and forms will be provided in multiple languages (e.g. housing application, ID application, marriages, signature verification, complaints etc.)
• Information regarding changes in public transportation, traffic diversions, lockouts etc. will always be published also in English
• At the municipal office, there will always be a contact person speaking English to assist in life-events
• The contact’s directory of officers, department and section names and the navigation system of the municipal office will be listed also in foreign languages (English, German)
• The important decisions of the board or the municipal council will be translated into English (the charge rates, fees/taxes, application deadlines, preschool and school registration etc.)
We would also appreciate, if you liked the settle in our district to live or to initiate a business enterprise. Hence, we would like to enable you to make the most of your stay.
• We will finalize the parks and the plazas revitalization to create new relax zones, resting places and sport spaces
• We will improve cleaning the streets, the waste collection, increase the number of the trash cans and benches as well as the shelters at the public transport stops
• We will support the foreign language education at the preschools and grammar schools and initiate foreign language class
• We will create walking and jogging trails
• At the public transportation hubs, we will place information/navigation banners in foreign languages)
• We will create temporary parking places parents to bring children to/from school
• We will increase the number of pediatric consulting rooms and pediatricians
• We will create extracurricular activities for beekeepers and modelers
5 AND 6 OCTOBER 2018
Voting right of the citizens of other EU member states*
Citizens of other EU member states have the right to vote for the members of the Municipality council of the Brno-sever district supposing he/she reaches the age of 18 years the second day of the elections the latest, and who is at the same time registered as the permanent or temporary resident of the Brno-sever district (MČ Brno-sever).
The right to vote of the citizens of other EU member states can only be executed, if he/she is registered with the Municipal office (Úřad městské části Brno-sever, ÚMČ, Bratislavská 70) and listed at the annex of the permanent voters list. Application to register as a voter can be submitted at the Municipal office (Brno-sever, ÚMČ, Bratislavská 70).
Where can I register?
- Bratislavská 70, 601 47 Brno-sever
- Tel: 545 542 111
What do I need to register?
- Bring with you a document confirming your permanent or temporary stay or a valid ID (passport or a Czech personal ID card)
When do I need to register?
- All registration applications must be submitted by Wednesday, 3rd October 2018 at 16:00 the latest.
Where can I find the registration form?
- The registration form can be downloaded registration-form-brno-sever-2018.pdf
Do I need to re-register/register again supposing I did register as a voter in the past?
- No, if you were listed at the annex of the permanent voters list of the Municipality council of the Brno-sever district in the past, the listing is still valid and you can participate in the elections without the need to register again.
*Other EU member states
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK